Thursday, January 21, 2010

11 through 20 with slightly less particular order

11. Happiness Is A Violator (For Condoleezza Rice) by Joan As Police Woman (1:54)

This is the only Joan As Police Woman song I like, so far. It's not her, it's me. It's a little bit her.


12. Where Eagles Dare by The Misfits (1:59)

“An omelet of disease awaits your noontime meal

Her mouth of germicide seducing all your glands”

No, seriously. He says that.


19. Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want by The Smiths (1:51)

I never really got the feeling he really wants that thing he said he wants.


13. England Swings by Roger Miller (1:55)

This was one of my possible directions when I was putting together my “Song About A City “ theme. Then I remembered that England isn’t a city.


14. Tame by The Pixies (1:56)

The bridge is a duet of rhythmic breathing. You’re welcome.


16. Career Opportunities by The Clash (1:53)

It was hard in England back then. Not like now, but kids these days still complain. Whatcha gonna do?


17. Watcha Gonna Do About It by The Small Faces (1:59)

Speaking of Watcha gonna do...


20. You're Pretty Good Looking (For A Girl) by The White Stripes (1:50)

I have no idea what any of this means, but I like it a lot. Let's dance.


18. In The Valley by Marty Robbins (1:51)

It was either this or El Paso, but El Paso is, you know, like 4 or 5 times longer.


15.Silver Bullet by The Briefs (1:08)

In the center square of downtown Detroit there is a statue of Bob Seger. In one hand he holds an old record he has just taken down of the shelf. In another hand he holds something like a rock. In a third hand that no one has bothered to explain to me he holds naked pictures of your Mama. Ooh! Burn!


2 comments:

  1. I love it Jim!
    But I tell ya what. Take Pat out for a beer. Ask him to walk you thru the lala thing cuz I'm lazy and just want to push play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I should check the blog more often.

    Nicely done project, but what happened to Grease Fire?

    And I'm glad Marcy got you to do the lala deal. I haven't heard a lot of these before. Woo!

    ReplyDelete