11. Happiness Is A Violator (For Condoleezza Rice) by Joan As Police Woman (1:54)
This is the only Joan As Police Woman song I like, so far. It's not her, it's me. It's a little bit her.
12. Where Eagles Dare by The Misfits (1:59)
“An omelet of disease awaits your noontime meal
Her mouth of germicide seducing all your glands”
No, seriously. He says that.
19. Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want by The Smiths (1:51)
I never really got the feeling he really wants that thing he said he wants.
13. England Swings by Roger Miller (1:55)
This was one of my possible directions when I was putting together my “Song About A City “ theme. Then I remembered that England isn’t a city.
14. Tame by The Pixies (1:56)
The bridge is a duet of rhythmic breathing. You’re welcome.
16. Career Opportunities by The Clash (1:53)
It was hard in England back then. Not like now, but kids these days still complain. Whatcha gonna do?
17. Watcha Gonna Do About It by The Small Faces (1:59)
Speaking of Watcha gonna do...
20. You're Pretty Good Looking (For A Girl) by The White Stripes (1:50)
I have no idea what any of this means, but I like it a lot. Let's dance.
18. In The Valley by Marty Robbins (1:51)
It was either this or El Paso, but El Paso is, you know, like 4 or 5 times longer.
15.Silver Bullet by The Briefs (1:08)
In the center square of downtown Detroit there is a statue of Bob Seger. In one hand he holds an old record he has just taken down of the shelf. In another hand he holds something like a rock. In a third hand that no one has bothered to explain to me he holds naked pictures of your Mama. Ooh! Burn!