Friday, April 6, 2012

This Is Something I Do

Due to how I process new music, I end up quite often looking at my iPod to see what is actually playing.

Occasionally I hear a song that starts out really cool and I look to see what it is but by the time it is over I'm not impressed.

Such a song: "Amazing and Wonderful" by a group called 936. About a minute of a good song there. Followed by about four minutes of a pretty boring song.

That's all I had, but since I've taken the trouble to start a new post to tell you this really pretty uninteresting tidbit let me just note a couple of other things:

1) I really really wish I had heard "Yuck" by Yuck before the best of 2011 club, because it totally would have been on my list.

2) My early leader for Best Album of 2012 -- Slave Ambient by The War On Drugs. I also like the new Andrew Bird.

1 comment:

  1. I listened to The War On Drugs a couple times and could not get into it. Will try again.
    Songs that start good and end boring are so much better than start boring and end good. I assume those are out there, though I probably never got to the good part if they do exist so who knows?
    I know it is only April andI have plenty of time, but I can't think of any 2012 releases I'm all that jazzed about yet.
    Spyro Gyra coming out with anything?

    ReplyDelete

What the youth of today are listening to

It's time for my annual Cognitive Psychology Music Club - they've picked their favorite songs!  Enjoy!