Friday, October 6, 2017

Official Best Songs by 2018 RnR HoF Nominees

These are official. Don’t know that I agree with them, but you can’t argue with official things, obviously.

Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
Babooshka - Kate Bush
Moving In Stereo - The Cars
People Are People - Depeche Mode
Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits
Would I Lie To You - Eurythmics
Love Stinks - J Geils Band
Breaking The Law - Judas Priest
Momma Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
Kick Out The Jams - MC5
Chug Chug Chug-A-Lug (Push N' Shove) Part II - The Meters
Gemini Dream - Moody Blues
Life In A Glass House - Radiohead
Bombtrack- Rage Against The Machine
Tell Me Something Good - Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
Mississippi Goddam - Nina Simone
I Want A Tall Skinny Papa - Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Rumble - Link Wray
The Way I Feel Inside - The Zombies

Well, those all seem pretty solid. It’s an honor just to be nominated, I’m sure.

7 comments:

  1. I will assume our silence implies agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have chosen a different song by the Cars, but who am I to quibble?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i’d probably go with "Big Ole Butt” and either "Just What I Needed" or "Best Friend’s Girl”, all very catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have gone with:

    Enjoy the Silence: Depeche Mode
    Let's go: The Cars
    Sweet Dreams: Eurythmics
    Centerfold: J Geils Band
    Fake Plastic Trees: Radiohead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t know Depeche Mode well enough to choose.
      Always kind of liked Missionary Man by the Eurythmics.
      Only know Freeze Frame, Centerfold, and Love Stinks. Not a great group to choose from.
      High and Dry.
      Everyone is cool with Gemini Dream? Did you recognize it by name?
      What’s the famous Meters or Sister Rosetta Tharpe song?
      Bon Jovi rhymes back with back in Dead or Alive, so that totally gets my vote.

      Delete
    2. I love pointless debates so much.

      Delete